Monday, December 28, 2015

Carrot Bacon Hash

A good friend of mine passed this recipe to me and it is a breakfast treat around here! Bobby eats it most mornings for breakfast, so I make one batch of this and it lasts all week for him.

2-3 lbs carrots, chopped into tiny pieces
1 lb bacon
1 onion (preferably red), minced
salt
pepper
garlic powder
onion powder

Cut bacon into small pieces and fry until crisp. Remove the bacon and cook the onion and carrots in the bacon fat. Add salt, pepper and garlic and onion powder (I use twice as much onion powder as garlic powder). Cook until soft, add back the bacon and serve with an over easy egg on top!

When preparing ahead, I just put all of the carrot/bacon mixture in a large glass container, reheat the amount I need in the frying pan, cooking an egg next to it and serve :)

1 comment: