Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Scott Huevos Rancheros

Here is our version of "huevos rancheros." I'm not sure if I should technically call them that, but we do :)

Huevos Rancheros
1/2 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can tomatoes with green chiles
2 cans chili beans
1/2 t cumin
1/2 t chili powder
eggs
tostadas
cheddar cheese
avocado
cilantro
tabasco sauce for the spicy people :)

Saute onion and garlic in a large frying pan. Add tomatoes, beans, cumin and chili powder, bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium. Crack eggs into bean mixture. Each egg should have it's own little "pocket." Cover and let simmer until egg whites are cooked through - can serve eggs over easy or over hard. Serve over tostadas, top with cheese, avocado, cilantro and tabasco sauce if desired.

Note: Adjust amount of beans and eggs as needed. I have done 10 eggs in a large pan, so they can be close together. I also usually throw in black beans if I have some to use up.

No comments:

Post a Comment