Saturday, May 2, 2015

Cinnamon Rolls

In typical Maria fashion, I've been reminded that maybe I should post a recipe or two every now and then so I'll just post several in one day :) At least I'm consistent in my irregular posting?!?

Before I share this easy cinnamon roll recipe, I do have to mention that four years ago TODAY we welcomed Owen home! He is such a joy and obviously a very special boy to me. Love him!



I tried these cinnamon rolls this week after a friend had shared it more than once. I followed the freezer directions so I could just pop them in in the morning and eat them fresh out of the oven! I've just copied and pasted the roll recipe from here. I used this frosting recipe.

Fast Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
Dough:
2 c warm water
1 T honey
1 T yeast
1 t salt
2 T butter
1 T vanilla
5 c flour

Filling:
1/2 c softened butter
2 handfuls brown sugar, or more
sprinkling of cinnamon

Pour warm water and honey into mixing bowl. Stir.
Sprinkle yeast on the honey water.
Mix remaining ingredients in a mixer. Add wet ingredients. Mix with dough hook until combined.
Dump sticky dough into buttered bowl. Cover and let rise 20 min.
Roll dough out into large rectangle on well floured surface.
Spread softened butter, then brown sugar, then cinnamon on your rectangle of dough.
Roll up and cut into 12 equal pieces. Place in greased 9x13 pan.
Cover and let rise 10 min.
Bake at 400 degrees fro 20 minutes until golden and bubbling.
Flip rolls upside down, out of the pan, onto a cutting board.
Ice them or eat them hot!

Freezer Directions:
After you put the 12 rolls in the greased pan, cover and freeze. To bake, put your pan of frozen rolls into a cold oven. Preheat the oven to 400 (the preheat will both thaw and rise the rolls). Once the oven is heated to 400, bake rolls for 20 min.

Frosting
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 c butter, softened
1 1/2 c powdered sugar
1 1/2 t milk
1/2 t vanilla

Beat until well mixed. Frost those rolls!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment