Monday, November 7, 2011

Orphan Sunday





Yesterday was Orphan Sunday. The promotion video from Christian Alliance For Orphans is sweet and you should check it out here.The smiles are amazing :)


Defending the cause of the fatherless (Isaiah 1:17) has certainly become closer to our hearts as we've been on our adoption journey. I am reminded many times each day that God adopted me, loved me, defended me first because I'm in awe of what God has given me in the little hearts that are now mine.

So many people we meet say "wow, you have given these boys such an opportunity in adopting them." While that may be true in an earthly sense, we don't view it that way. God has given us the opportunity to adopt, love, and defend our boys, the opportunity to be parents, and most importantly, the opportunity to make His heart visible through our adoption and walk in love.

Owen is already requesting more siblings (2 sisters and 2 more brothers to be specific), so we're looking forward to the little lives God chooses to display His heart through next :)

No comments:

Post a Comment