Monday, April 18, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars

I'm doing some cooking for church stuff over the next few weeks, which is perfect for keeping me busy while I wait out the last stretch before the arrival of our oldest son (yes! that's right. we have a travel date!!!) and also because I love serving in this way :) One of my go-to desserts for such events are these bars. They're always a hit! You know it's going to be good when the first ingredient is 1 c butter :)

1 c butter
1 1/4 c brown sugar
2 eggs
2 T molasses or maple syrup
2 t vanilla
3 c oats
1 c flour
1 t baking soda
3/4 t salt
2 c chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, beating after each. Add molasses and vanilla. Combine remaining ingredients, except chips, and add gradually to the butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.

Spread into greased 9 x 13 pan and bake 25-30 min at 350.

1 comment:

  1. Maria,

    I made this today and we all loved it! Thanks. Also, I made your cucumber lemonade for Ashley's shower this last weekend--another fun recipe. I'm so glad to hear you have a travel date.

    Leatha

    ReplyDelete