Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Update: Pumpkin Spice Lattes

Soooo, I've tried several more Pumpkin Spice Latte DIY recipes. Some have been pretty good, others not so good. However, I think I found one I'm quite pleased with for the time being. It's pretty simple, and very tasty!

1/2 c milk
1/4 t pumpkin pie spice
2 T Vanilla Simple Syrup (recipe below)
1/2 c strong coffee

While your coffee is brewing, put the milk, simple syrup and pumpkin pie spice in a microwave-safe dish. Heat in the microwave for a minute or two, then froth. I use my Pampered Chef "Measure, Mix & Pour" (which I've referenced before), but you can just mix with a whisk or fork until frothy too. 

Put about 1/2 cup of brewed coffee in your mug, and top with the frothed milk mixture. Add whipped cream to the top and sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on top if you like :) 

Vanilla Simple Syrup
1 c water
1 c sugar
2 t vanilla extract


In small pot, heat ingredients over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture comes to a boil. Allow syrup to cool. Store in refrigerator in airtight container.

1 comment:

  1. I've been checking frequently to see if you found a recipe for this! I've been dreaming of Pumpkin Spice lattes in my sleep I think. I'm excited to try it out!
    We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete