Sunday, September 26, 2010

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of Bobby's favorites (because of the Mexican flare :) so it makes regular appearances during soup season.

1/2 lb chicken, cooked and shredded
2 cans (14 oz each) chicken broth
1 c medium salsa
1 c frozen corn
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 c Mexican rice (cooked) OR 4 corn tortillas, finely chopped
1 c shredded cheddar cheese (topping)
tortilla chips (topping)

In a large saucepan, mix together chicken, broth, salsa, corn and rice. Bring to a boil; simmer on medium-low heat for 15 min. Serve topped with cheese and crunched tortilla chips (like crackers).

This soup also freezes/reheats well.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are posting recipes on here! I've got your blog on my toolbar so I can get here QUICK!

    I'm going to try the pumpkin bread and soup soon!

    ReplyDelete